Dear Chappaqua School Community,
We hope this email finds you well and refreshed after a fantastic summer. We are grateful for the countless staff members who spent part of their summer engaged in purposeful instructional work, designed to advance the high quality instruction that defines the Chappaqua Central School District.
Through our fellowships, workshops, forums, and seminars, our K-12 faculty were involved in meaningful curriculum discourse. We reflected on our social emotional learning approach, introduced a new phonics curriculum, continued to seek ways to leverage technology to personalized learning, and renewed our commitment to reading and writing workshop at the middle level. We worked together, as we prepared for students to learn in our new middle school STEAM centers, the Greeley library media center, and the upper L Building collaborative learning space. We hosted two regional conferences that were run by educators for educators to share best instructional and administrative practices across the Mid-Hudson Valley.
Our office staff has been busy preparing schedules and finalizing calendars, while our custodians refreshed our facilities and completed numerous projects. The Board of Education met regularly to hire the very best faculty, and our coaches are already holding practices as we prepare for the fall season.
Led by our dedicated administrative team, our outstanding faculty and staff will continue to have the highest expectations for academic achievement while nurturing the social-emotional development of our students.
We have begun our final preparations as we anticipate opening our doors to over 3,800 students on Tuesday, September 3rd. Until then, we hope you and your family enjoy the remaining days of summer.
Christine Ackerman, Ph.D.
Superintendent of Schools
Jane Kimmel Shepardson
President, Board of Education
From the District Clerk. . .
Forms and other important information to start the 2019-20 School Year.
The District continues to work on conserving resources, by posting forms, letters, and information on the website www.ccsd.ws. Click on the titles that appear below for forms and information.
- FERPA - Access to student records, personal information, and how it will be disseminated to media, colleges and military requests unless you opt out.
- Web Publishing Permission Slip - Grant or deny permission for publication of identified or unidentified student's work or photos.
In addition, please review the forms below to see if they are of interest to you. Please read, complete and return to the office or person designated. If you should have difficulty locating the forms that you need, please contact me at 238-7200 x-1002.
- Infinite Campus Portal Agreement - Parent access to a student’s schedule, attendance, report cards, and more. If you have not created a Portal account, please click on the link provided to get started. There is no need to submit a portal agreement if you already have an account.
- What's for Lunch? - School lunch program and online payment system.
- Free/Reduced Lunch - Eligibility requirements and application for free or reduced price lunch for 2019-20.
- Solicitud de familia para las comidas escolares y leche gratis o precios reducidos.
- Integrated Pest Letter - Register if you wish to receive 48-hour prior written notice of pesticide applications.
- Census Form - Complete if you have children who will attend Chappaqua Schools in future years.
- Asbestos Information - District compliance with legal regulations.
- Bus Packet - Bus safety and transportation information, activity bus and snow dismissal routes.
- Curb Cut letter - Use and abuse of handicapped parking areas and curb cuts.
For those of you who are looking for the 2019-20 School Calendar:
A one-page summary is located under the "District" tab. Check out the updated, customizable, and downloadable calendars. Instructions are available online if you need a little help. You may also click HERE for printable, PDF version of all events--current as of 8/26/19. (A limited number of paper copies will also be available at the District Office.)
District Clerk/Secretary to the Superintendent
Chappaqua Central School District
P.O. Box 21
Chappaqua, NY 10514
firstname.lastname@example.org (914) 238-7200 x1002