Coronavirus Update - March 15, 2020 - CCSD Closing For  Weeks
Dear Chappaqua Families,
I hope that you were able to enjoy the weekend with your family despite this period of uncertainty in our country.
I write to you tonight in response to Governor Cuomo’s decision to close all public schools in Westchester for
two three weeks beginning Monday, March 16th. As we shared, we have been preparing for this potential development and will be in touch with you regarding the continuity of learning once we have clarity from the NYS Department of Education about how distance learning days may impact our school calendar.
At this time, we should all begin preparations for a long-term closure beyond this timeframe and anticipate potential adjustments to our school calendar, including the April break and Memorial Day weekend. Any changes to our school calendar will be shared with you as soon as possible.
In partnership with county and state officials, we will continue to make decisions that prioritize the health and safety of our students, staff, and community. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time.
Christine Ackerman, PhD
Superintendent of Schools
Prior District Notifications:
- Child Care Support for 1st Responders/Health Care Providers (3/16/20)
- Meals Available During School Closure (3/16/20)
- Coronavirus Update - March 13, 2020
- Coronavirus Update - March 12, 2020
- Coronavirus Update - March 9, 2020 (joint guidance from NYSDOH and NYSED)
- Coronavirus Update - March 8, 2020 (schools will be open on 3/9)
- Coronavirus Update - February 27, 2020
- Coronavirus (2019-nCoV / COVID-19) - February 6, 2020
- CDC's 2019-nCoV website
- NYS Department of Health's dedicated 2019-nCoV website
- NYS Department of Health directory of local health departments
- New York State Center for School Health website
- NYS Department of Health Novel Coronavirus Hotline: 1-888-364-3065