Childcare For Qualifying Parents During School Closure
Dear Chappaqua CSD Families,
As you know, Governor Cuomo directed all schools in Westchester to close for three weeks, starting March 16th. One of our priorities as a community is to ensure that our parents who qualify based on employment have the necessary child care supports in place so that they can continue working outside of the home.
- Essential health care workers may include licensed health professionals such as physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, LPNs and nurse assistants or laboratory personnel.
- Direct support professionals may include clinicians and support staff serving the behavioral health, intellectual/developmental disabilities and child welfare communities in residential and community- based care settings.
- First responders may include paramedics, emergency medical technicians, police officers, and firefighters, correctional officers or related support personnel necessary to execute these duties.
- Food manufacturing, production, distribution and supply including supermarket workers and food preparation.
- Transportation including commercial truck driver of necessary supplies and equipment, transit workers, air and rail and carriers of critical and essential materials.
- Construction and Manufacturing including specialized equipment related to health or safety of the public.
- Nonprofit and social service agencies providing support to families and employees in related fields.
If you are in need of child care support during our current school closure in Chappaqua, please take a few minutes to complete this survey so that the District can assist you.
If you have any questions regarding childcare, please contact Dr. Tony Sinanis, Assistant Superintendent for HR & Leadership, at email@example.com.
Thank you, to all our families, for your support and partnership as we continue to navigate unchartered territory.
Christine Ackerman, PhD
Superintendent of Schools