39th Annual Young Writers Contest
Sponsored by the Friends of the Chappaqua Library, young writers in grades 5-12 are encouraged to submit their work to the 2019 Young Writers Contest. The details are as follows:
FICTION (short story, drama)
NON-FICTION (essay, journalism, humor, descriptive prose)
ONLINE SUBMISSIONS ONLY!
The deadline is Friday, March 22 at 11:59pm. No late entries will be accepted.
There will be separate middle school and high school judging in each genre:
- First Prize = $100
- Second Prize = $50
- Third Prize = $25
- Honorable Mention = Certificate
- The competition will be judged by a panel of professional writers and publishers.
- Criteria: creativity, style, originality, and correct spelling and grammar.
- Each entry must not exceed 2,500 words.
- You may submit a maximum of one piece in each of the 3 categories (Fiction, Non-Fiction, Poetry).
- For multiple submissions, submit a new application for each entry.
- These entries may be any of your work, including school assignments, as long as:
► it was written when you were in 5th grade or older.
► you haven’t submitted it to this contest before.
► it has not won awards in any other contest.
Contact your English teacher or email ChapFriendsYWC@gmail.com.
Hard-copy entries are no longer accepted.