Aviation STEAM Academic Summer Camp
Dear Students and Families,
The Chappaqua Central School District is once again offering students an opportunity to hone their communicating, problem-solving, design thinking, and collaborating skills.
This year, the District will be running an Aviation STEAM Academic Summer Camp where students can explore their passions, tinker, build, and solve relevant, complex problems. Students will work individually and collaboratively using varied approaches to fabricate and program/code rockets, quad-copters, and gliders!
This Aviation STEAM Academic Summer Camp is for students entering grades 6-12. This camp is for students of all abilities who possess an excitement for technology, making things and solving problems, design thinking, and wish to learn about artificial intelligence, engineering and digital devices.
Daily activities will include:
- Working in collaborative groups to solve problems by building and programming personal inventions.
- Deep learning about the problem solving and design thinking process.
- Opportunities to build and get feedback from coaches and peers.
- Discussions of how design thinking, computational thinking, and problem solving can apply to schoolwork during the year.
- Creating a unique invention that solves a problem you've identified.
- Opportunities to tinker, play, create, and reflect on your work.
The Aviation STEAM Academic Summer Camp for students entering grades 6-12 will take place during four days, from July 29th to August 1st, from 8:30am to 12:00pm at Seven Bridges Middle School. Unfortunately, bus transportation will not be available.
The last day to register is Friday, June 7th, so please contact Adam Pease at AdPease@ccsd.ws or 914-238-7200 x1003 with any questions about the application process or tuition. (Registration is on a first come, first served basis.)