Chappaqua Central School District Facility Use Requirements/Entering Requests
The use of all District facilities shall be subject to the approval and rules of the Board of Education, Policy 7000, administered by the Building Principal, Director of Facilities or other Board designee. Please see Policy 7000 for additional information.
To use the Facilities you must be a legal,
- Forms are submitted electronically for use of district facilities to the building principal. The principal or his/her designee has final approval authority along with the Director of Facilities.
- The Board of Education, its officers, employees, volunteers and business invitees shall not discriminate against any student, employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), military status, sex, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or marital status in its educational programs or employment practices. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, the Board of Education reserves the right to deny the use of school grounds and facilities to anyone if, in the opinion of the Board, it would not be in the best interest of the District.
- Facilities are not available if in conflict with school use. No unauthorized vehicles are allowed on school property. No field or building alterations (lining of fields or gymnasiums, erecting goal posts or structures, etc.) are allowed without prior approval.
- The fee for use is payable before use begins.
- Any organization with youth under 18 years old must ensure the presence of adequate adult supervision at all times.
- All posted rules must be adhered to or permits may be revoked at any time.
- If school facilities are closed for emergency or
weather-relatedreasons, community use of school facilities shall be presumed cancelled. The principal and the facilities director has the final authority on whether facilities are usable.
- Users of school facilities shall be held responsible for any damage to school facilities and/or loss and damage to school property and charged accordingly. No exceptions. If maintenance personnel are not available, make sure all doors are locked and lights are turned out when leaving.
- Profanity, objectionable language, disorderly acts or illegal activities of any kind are absolutely prohibited, and those violating this prohibition will be ejected from the premises.
- The use of drugs, alcohol or other intoxicants is strictly prohibited from district grounds, facilities, vehicles, at any time and may require reporting to the proper authorities.
- Smoking or other use of tobacco products is not allowed on District property.
- Organizations using the facilities must clean up afterwards. The district is not responsible for items left behind.
- All users must provide the following insurance prior to using facilities. Failure to do so prior to use will result in revocation of your permit.
- The user hereby agrees to name the District as an unrestricted additional insured on the user's policy.
- The policy naming the District as an additional insured shall:
- be an insurance policy from an A.M. Best rated "secured" New York State insurer, permitted to do business in New York State;
- contain a
30-daynotice of cancellation;
- state that the organization's coverage shall be primary coverage for the District, its Board, employees and volunteers;
- Additional insured status shall be provided with ISO endorsement
CG 20 26 11 85or it's Equivalent.
- The user agrees to indemnify the District for any applicable deductibles.
- Required Insurance:
- Commercial General Liability Insurance - $1,000,000 per occurrence / $2,000,000 aggregate.
- User acknowledges that failure to obtain such insurance on behalf of the District constitutes a material breach of contract and subjects it to liability for damages, indemnification and all other legal remedies available to the District. The user is to provide the District with a certificate of insurance, evidencing the above requirements have been met. The failure of the District to object to the contents of the certificate or the absence of same shall not be deemed a waiver of any and all rights held by the District. The district is a member/owner of the New York Schools Insurance Reciprocal (NYSIR). The user further acknowledges that the procurement of such insurance as required herein is intended to benefit not only the district but also NYSIR, as the district's insurer.
- Prior to the start of the event, an announcement should be made to your group regarding emergency evacuation procedures. For example, point out posted procedures, directions for exiting, how to respond to a fire alarms, etc.
- In the event of an accident, please notify the custodian on duty, or call the business office the next morning. A public telephone is located in the Main lobby. The emergency telephone number for police and Fire Department is
Any questions should be directed to the Director of Facilities, Operations and Maintenance at