2019 Spring Sports Season
The Chappaqua Central School District is proud to announce that Horace Greeley High School has joined the Special Olympics New York Unified Champion Schools program, in partnership with the New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA).
The purpose of a Unified Sports team is to provide authentic, competitive opportunities for students with and without disabilities to participate in athletics. It was inspired by a simple principle: training together and playing together is a quick path to friendship and understanding, and active inclusion through athletics provides educational benefits to all participants.
Beginning this spring, HGHS is putting together a Unified Sports Co-Ed Basketball team. This Co-Ed team will consist of an even number of students with and without disabilities--designed to create a level playing field of ability, thereby keeping games challenging and exciting. (NOTE: Any student who played varsity basketball (Winter 2018-19) is NOT eligible to play on the Unified Sports Team.)
By practicing and playing together, it is the mission of Unified Sports to grow a culture of inclusiveness within HGHS through athletics. By forming meaningful friendships and creating opportunities for genuine athletic experiences, Unified Sports helps promote inclusion, acceptance, and respect.
Registration is now OPEN for Spring 2019 Unified Sports CoEd Basketball!
(please see below for directions for online registration)
For questions regarding sports, please contact Mr. Jason Semo, Director of Athletics, Physical Education & Health; or Dr. Heidi McCarthy, Director of Special education & Related Services.
INFORMATION NEEDED TO REGISTER
It will be helpful to have the following, current information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration when each registration window opens:
- Doctor's Information
- Insurance Information
- Copy of Most Recent Physical (valid for 365 days). If a student's physical expires prior to the start of the season, they will not be able to participate until a new physical exam is received.
PLEASE NOTE all registrations will be reviewed in the order in which they are received, and submitting a registration does not guarantee approval and the athlete is not yet cleared to play at this point. An approval status will be sent by email from the school nurse. If you do not receive a notice within one week after registering, please log into FamilyID to check the status of your account.
Any medical information submitted to the Nurse within 5 days of the first day of practice may take up to 1 week to clear. Please register within the given time periods to ensure that your child will be eligible to participate on the first day.
You will receive an initial email from FamilyID confirming your registration is complete. Final approval will come in a separate email from FamilyID once the nurses have reviewed and verified that all required documents are complete and up to date. Your child is not approved for participation for tryouts or participation until final approval has been completed. You can go into your account and check or change your child’s status during the open registration period. The final approval email will include all of the following:
Registration Status : Completed
Payment Status : None
Approval Status : Approved
Registrations from last school year, or from the fall and/or winter seasons of this school year, do not carry over into the spring season.
How to GET CLEARED QUICKLY for Sports
- Register on Family ID as soon as the registration window opens.
- Upload your most recent physical exam that is LESS than one year old (dated after April 24, 2018) or scan and email to the nurses at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- If you've EVER used an inhaler or an Epipen - make sure you have a copy of the self carry form needed on file in the nurse's office - This needs to be done EVERY year as it expires at the end of June.
IF FEEL YOUR CHILD DOES NOT NEED AN INHALER AND / OR EPIPEN, BUT THEY HAVE USED IT IN THE PAST, PLEASE PROVIDE AN MD NOTE STATING THEY NO LONGER NEED THIS.
- If you have had an injury that has kept you out of sports and have not provided a doctor’s medical clearance to return - UPLOAD it or send it to the nurse's office. This will avoid delay in clearance for sports!
- CHECK THE EMAIL THAT YOU USED TO REGISTER FOR FAMILY ID FOR THE 2ND EMAIL THAT WILL EITHER BE AN APPROVAL OR NOT APPROVED AND IT WILL GIVE YOU THE REASON WHY YOU ARE NOT APPROVED.
- The nurses are working as fast as they can reviewing hundreds of registrations and cannot check individual clearances status. PLEASE check the email that you used to register on FAMILY ID for approval status and register early!
Directions for Online Registration:
You may use the information you submitted in previous seasons to save time with future registrations. Please use the following steps:
Click on the Current Season registration form on your school's FamilyID Landing page.
Login using the email address and password you created last season
Choose the sport
Click on "Add Participant Below or Click to Select" and pick your child's name
Update health and demographic information, if necessary
Sign-off on seasonal agreements
Save and Submit
Then: Follow these steps. . .
To find your program, click on the link provided above and select the registration form under the word "Programs".
Next, click on the green "Register Now" button and scroll, if necessary, to the Sign Up/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click "Sign Up", or click "Log In", if you already have a FamilyID account.
Sign Up for your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select the agreement to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click "Sign Up".
You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don't see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.).
Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
Click the "Save & Continue" button when your form is complete.
Review your registration summary.
Click the green "Submit" button. After selecting "Submit", the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
- At any time, you may log in at FamilyID.com to update your information and to check your registration(s). To view a completed registration, log in and then select the "Registration" tab on the blue bar.
- If you need assistance with registration, email FamilyID at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-800-5583 x1. Support is available 7 days a week and messages will be returned promptly.
Greeley Sports Boosters
During FamilyID registration, you will have the opportunity to become a member of Greeley Sports Boosters, the parent-support organization for all interscholastic sports in grades 7-12. Greeley Sports Boosters enriches the student-athlete experience through its capital gifts to the schools and athletics program, spirit events, social media coverage of all teams, recognition activities, team services and advocacy.
FamilyID is a safe and secure online platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for middle and high school sports programs. FamilyID also helps the Athletic Department to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible by replacing most of the "paper forms" process and eliminating the need for school nurses to manually complete, file and store hundreds of documents.