Regulation 1015: Flyers
Distribution of Flyers, Postings on School Bulletin Boards and On-site Use
- PTA backpack distribution of approved flyers is generally for in-house school, club, and other school-related information. General distribution of flyers, on-site at the schools and for posting on school bulletin boards, is on a case-by-case basis with guidance by the Superintendent's designee and approval by the building administrator.
- The PTA, Chappaqua Library, and New Castle Recreation may send approved flyers home throughout the year. New Castle Recreation and Chappaqua Library will submit a one-page monthly calendar of programs and events for publication in a packet. The school district's flyer regulations will continue to apply to the Recreation Department and PTA treasurers will bill them semi-annually for printing as previously agreed.
- All organizations seeking approval for flyer distribution through the schools must present their flyer at least one (1) week before the intended circulation date. Flyer distribution via backpack is NOT guaranteed on a weekly basis and may vary from school to school. Flyers will automatically be included in the next packet. Flyers are printed back-to-back unless otherwise requested.
- Local, non-profit organizations sponsoring educational events or programs geared to our students may submit flyers for approval, but are limited to two (2) flyers per school year and no more than one flyer per event, for either backpack or posting. A reason why distribution through the schools is being sought and a daytime phone number where the spokesperson for the organization can be reached should be included. Prior approval of a flyer does not guarantee approval for posting or distribution of subsequent flyers for a particular organization. The decision of the Superintendent or designee on all flyers is final.
- Once approved, the Superintendent's designee will notify the organization and PTA Vice Chairs. The organization is responsible for delivering an original, along with a check made payable to the individual PTA (e.g. Grafflin PTA) for $20 (amount subject to annual review) to each school, the price of a one-sided, one-page flyer. Flyers, with checks, must be in each elementary school office in the appropriate PTA box by each school's deadline. Check with each school for deadline. The PTA organizes copying and distribution of the flyers to K-4. The middle schools and high school do not distribute flyers. Flyers targeted for a particular grade level or gender may not be distributed by the PTA. Each elementary school will be responsible for administering distribution of approved flyers other than K-4.
- Flyers advertising charity fund raisers for non-school activities (i.e. walk-a-thons, dinners, sale of merchandise, etc.) are not generally permitted.
Approved by Superintendent of Schools: February 7, 2001
- April 27, 2001
- October 31, 2001
- April 9, 2002
- March 18, 2003
- June 21, 2008